Meta Tapping

I've been working on a new approach to tapping recently. Instead of addressing a negative emotion, memory, core belief or physical symptom, we use words that directly invoke the energy system and the immediate effects of tapping. I'm calling this Meta Tapping.

Here is an example of wording I used with a client who was heavily "reveresed" and not making much progress:

First the set up statements: Even though the energy system surrounding my heart is disrupted and enmeshed with negative emotions, this tapping is sending pulses of energy directly into that energy system, and these pulses are carrying my intention to feel better.

Even though I have this painful disruption in the energy system around my heart, I am tapping pulses of energy right now, and these pulses are impacting that energy system and straightening it out. These pulses are carrying my intention to love and accept myself.

Even though my heart is enmeshed in a disrupted energy system, the tapping I am doing right now this very moment is smoothing out the tangles and straightening out the disruptions, slowly but surely with every single tap.

And then as reminder phrases: This tapping, This tapping is sending pulses into my energy field. This tapping is carrying the power of my intention to heal. This tapping is smoothing out the disruption. This tapping. This tapping is shaking out the trapped pain in my energy system. This tapping is working even now, slowly but surely. Every single tap is carrying healing intention into my energy system.

My energy system is becoming smooth and there is nothing for the negativity to grab on to. My energy system is becoming slick and the negativity has no way to cling to it. My energy system is smoothing out. Every tap is carrying smoothing energy into my system. Any negativity is now sloughing off.


I threw this in at the end: No matter how negative I feel I accept myself. No matter how tired I become I accept myself. I accept myself right now and I accept all my negative feelings and I accept the way that I am changing. I accept my anger. I accept my guilt and shame. It doesn’t matter how bad I feel, I’m going to accept myself anyway. I accept myself for feeling better and I accept myself for feeling stuck.


I think this might be an exciting approach to explore. I'd love to hear from anyone who gives it a try.